Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteers make our chapter strong. Volunteering is a great way to get involved with our Chapter and build solid working relationships with other local business analysts. You can email us at email@example.com with questions and ideas about volunteering. Some positions do not require IIBA Denver Chapter membership.
To provide for ongoing support of the Chapter, we are building several Committees.
- Professional Development
- Member Services
Specific Volunteer Opportunities
Within each Committee, there are several volunteer opportunities available. You can choose to provide ongoing support or take on a small project. Every bit helps keep our Chapter growing and strong. Interested? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator!
- Help finding and coordinating with speakers
- Research potential meeting spaces.
- Booking meeting spaces.
- Menu/food coordination and pick-up
- Meeting set-up and/or take-down
Marketing -- ongoing
- Maintain website content
- Market chapter events on LinkedIn
- Market the Chapter via Twitter
- Market the Chapter via Facebook
- Manage eNewsletter advertisements
Marketing -- one-time
- Create eNewsletter brochure
- Create IIBA Chapter membership brochure
- Build a resource page on the website to share BA knowledge with chapter members.
- Manager outreach program
- Set-up tracking system for sponsors
Call for Speakers
We are looking for speakers to speak at our chapter meetings on topics relevant to business analysts. If you have an interest in being a speaker, being part of a panel of speakers, or if you know someone who would make a great speaker, please contact us at Education@denver.iiba.org. Some topics that have been suggested are listed below, but of course our interests are not limited to this list.
- BABOK Review
- Agile Extension to the BABOK
- Process Mapping
- BA Diagramming & Modeling
- Enterprise Analysis