About the IIBA Denver Chapter
The IIBA Denver Chapter was founded in January of 2007. Our mission is "to promote the IIBA mission, business analysis standards, professionalism, and knowledge in the Denver Area by providing educational, business, and networking opportunities to our growing membership.”
IIBA Denver has 30-45 members and almost 500 newsletter subscribers. The chapter typically has 6 or more educational events and, if sponsorship is available, a networking event each year. All IIBA Denver chapter events and chapter generated materials are available to the public.
What is IIBA® ?
IIBA® is the independent non-profit professional association serving the growing field of Business Analysis. Whether your role includes requirements management, systems analysis, business analysis, requirements analysis, project management, or consulting, IIBA® can help you do your job better.
A business analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals." - IIBA®
The IIBA® vision is to be the leading world-wide professional association that develops and maintains standards for the practice of business analysis and for the certification of practitioners. IIBA® will achieve that goal by:
- Creating and developing awareness and recognition of the value and contribution of Business Analysis
- Defining the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®)
- Providing a forum for knowledge sharing and contribution to the BABOK®
- Identifying the required skills and competencies of a qualified Business Analyst
- Defining training and professional development standards
- Publicly recognizing and certifying qualified Business Analysts with the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) designation.